Sunday, February 21, 2010

Homework - February 20

Please respond to the following question, or respond to another individual's post:

"Your friend gains 20 kilograms over the period of 3 months. Do you tell your friend that you have noticed his/her weight gain? If yes, what do you say? If not, why not?

3 comments:

  1. Sudden changes in weights could be a serious sign for mental and physical condition. In my experience, weights originated from stresses or bad habits. When I was in military service, I’ve gotten about 10kilograms in three month. At that time I always tried to eat something. Eating something was the only way to reduce my tensions, which was generated by restricted and isolated living environment.
    Another reason to be overweight is bad habit. As you know, alcohol has enormous calories. Drinking every night could make my body line ugly. In addition, I hardly ate side dishes to minimize alcohol density and had dinner at home in very very late midnight.

    My waist is not the symbol of wealth or high position. It’s just the evidence of my laziness. And weights are potential risk for our life. High blood pressure, heart disease, diabetic, etc., there are so many illness caused by overweights.

    When one of my friends got 30kilograms in three month, I should notice him to take care himself/herself. Friends are meaningful asset in my life, so to keep my life happy, I need to worry about my friends’ health.

    I really need to lose weights. My blood sugar raised over 195. I have to exercise everyday for my survival. Is there anyone who can direct me to lose my weights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case,
    I try to ask carefully my friend if she has any problem in her body or else. (Telling about someone's weight might be sensitive part so it should be careful to talk about it.) If she has problem I will try to help her. If she doesn't have any I give advice to her. "Overweight is harmful to health. How about doning excercise to lose weight" I love my friend so i want to her to live healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate how honest you both (Sally and Jin) would be with your friends. Weight gain can be a symptom of something more serious psychologically, along with being unhealthy.

    As far as advice for you Jin, I am obviously not an expert, but I would say that the best way to lose weight is to dedicate a certain amount of time each week (3 or more days) doing cardiovascualr exercises along with eating smaller portions and eating non-fried foods. That's just my "two cents".

    ReplyDelete