
"I assume that all of you have seen the movie, or read the book, 'I Robot' by Isaac Asimov. Assuming that sometime in the future there will be robots capable of this level of intelligence, do you think they would be good replacements for Native English Teachers in Korean classrooms? Please give your reasons why or why not."
Doesn't that picture look like a Korean classroom? I think it might be!
Hi.
ReplyDeleteHow was your trip? Hope you have a great time.
I registered swimming as your two cents.^^ Bellow is my opinion.
I like computer games, like starcraft, sudden strike. Computer is one of the helpful devices when we want to simulate our expectations within certain conditions. Because we humans can not consider all the conditions that could happen in real world, we assume something as variables, and the rest as constants. We only survey the co-relations of among variables and calculate the amount of impacts in variables.
I think Robot is designed under the computer technology. Someone in our class said biotechnology can be used for Robot. What is bio-technology? Maybe we can use cat’s eyes to see in the dark or make skin for Robot by jellyfish. But all that thing are similar to producing stealth bomber or unmanned aircraft. We just apply the specific qualities of other organism to our invention. There is no feelings. Calculation and function will be there.
Why we want to learn foreign languages? In my case, I want to understand other people who live abroad. If I just need to read English paper, I can rely on computer translator. One drag would be enough. However I can’t understand the feelings of reporters or writers. It’s just a word. I would accept the meaning of words within my backgrounds.
The Robot in the level of intelligence would be possible. In that case, the usage of Robot is restricted to certain purpose like the indicator of earthquake and warning system for firefighters. Where only facts and realities are considered and
Feelings have no space to stand.
Teaching is not just giving knowledge. It’s a critical method of raising people.
It’s different to training which is guided by discipline. Teaching is communicating, recognizing, and up-cheering.
.
The Robot can not be a substitute for teacher
Native speaker will never be replaced by rebots in class.
ReplyDeleteWhen I learn other language I want to learn not only skill how to learn english but also culture that is in language. The culture is live. It is changed constantly and we learn it by various human relationship.
But robot isnot live. And It can't catch up with the rate of culture changing.
do I think, It is impossiblt to replace robot for native speakers.