I am not opposed to banning smoking in public places. As you know, I am a smoker, a heavy smoker. I haven’t quitted smoking even in the military animal training period. But I can endure smoking when I think I could hurt others. I usually search around site when I smoke and if children approach to my place, I move on other place.
Banning in all public places is so harsh. It may cause side effects. As you know, when US government banned drinking alcohol or making liquor, American gangsters are prevailed. If smoking is legislated to be illegal, I think there are many people who would die from inhaling harmful vaginas. Because smoking is dangerous for man, it needs to be controlled by authorities. Smoking is not illegal yet. If the smoke is harmful to need to regulated, why government permit to use fossil fuel? When we drive a car, there are a lot emission gases. There are many power plants to make electricity which produces so much greenhouse gases. Smoke is smoke, and we are surrounded by many kinds of smokes.
Smoking is not good for health. Especially for the underage, smoking is needed to ban strictly. But for the adults who can handle his own responsibility, we need to permit smoking in limited conditions. As long as governments collect taxes from cigarette, they have the duties to protect smoker’s rights.
As you know I work at school. And government ban smoking in school. There is no place for smaker teacher to smoke. So they go out and search for the place. I often see some teachers smoking rear of school and around of school. It is not good to see them.
Adult smoking is personal choice. They are also korean. and they have right to smoke unless it bother others. Banning in ALL public places is unreasonable. And If they banned all public places, all public place should have smking room. So I think the smoking of children and adolescent should be banned. because they are too immature to judge smoking.
Hi Hykoo73 Thank you for your understanding for smokers. It's very difficult for smokers not to smoke in working place. Job is essential in these days and regulation in working place is most fatal. Even though I am a smoker, I need job. I don't want to lose my job because of smoking.
In your first response you said, "As long as governments collect taxes from cigarette (cigarettes), they have the duties (it is their duty) to protect the smoker's rights."
Very well stated. I never thought of it that way before and I must agree with you.
Maybe, because majority of our class are nonsmoker, there are little responses to this topic. This week class topic is very interesting. Most of our classmates are parents. But I have to say sorry for my absence in this weekend. I have a sudden appointment. In Korea, golf rule is so weird, I should participate in the play when I just called.
I believe my absence would give you more opportunities to have conversation. Have nice weekend and see you next week.
Hi, It's Libero. Sorry for the late comment. Well, so far, I've read all comments. I understand everybody. Here is my small opinion. As one of non-smokers, I'd like governments from all over the world to ban smoking in all pulbic places. However, simultaneously, the governments should have to set some places for smokers. As Hykoo73 said, adults have their own right to smoke, and they are mature enough. They know what they have to do. It's absolutely personal choice. But... non-smokers have also right not to be affected by second-hand-smoke. They want to be away from smoke. ( me too. ) So, what I'd like to say is the governments should set some rules for both of smokers and non-smokers due to their own choice. At the same time, smokers have to know that non-smokers don't want to breathe the smoke, and smokers have to think or concern non-smokers whenever smokers are smoking near the non-smokers. I'm not a smoker and drinker. But I'm not on the opposite side of smokers and drinkers. Just, I'd like to find the BESTEST way for all of us for peace ^^;
I am not opposed to banning smoking in public places. As you know, I am a smoker, a heavy smoker. I haven’t quitted smoking even in the military animal training period. But I can endure smoking when I think I could hurt others. I usually search around site when I smoke and if children approach to my place, I move on other place.
ReplyDeleteBanning in all public places is so harsh. It may cause side effects. As you know, when US government banned drinking alcohol or making liquor, American gangsters are prevailed. If smoking is legislated to be illegal, I think there are many people who would die from inhaling harmful vaginas. Because smoking is dangerous for man, it needs to be controlled by authorities.
Smoking is not illegal yet. If the smoke is harmful to need to regulated, why government permit to use fossil fuel? When we drive a car, there are a lot emission gases. There are many power plants to make electricity which produces so much greenhouse gases. Smoke is smoke, and we are surrounded by many kinds of smokes.
Smoking is not good for health. Especially for the underage, smoking is needed to ban strictly. But for the adults who can handle his own responsibility, we need to permit smoking in limited conditions. As long as governments collect taxes from cigarette, they have the duties to protect smoker’s rights.
As you know I work at school. And government ban smoking in school. There is no place for smaker teacher to smoke. So they go out and search for the place. I often see some teachers smoking rear of school and around of school. It is not good to see them.
ReplyDeleteAdult smoking is personal choice. They are also korean. and they have right to smoke unless it bother others. Banning in ALL public places is unreasonable. And If they banned all public places, all public place should have smking room. So I think the smoking of children and adolescent should be banned.
because they are too immature to judge smoking.
Hi Hykoo73
ReplyDeleteThank you for your understanding for smokers.
It's very difficult for smokers not to smoke in working place. Job is essential in these days and regulation in working place is most fatal. Even though I am a smoker, I need job. I don't want to lose my job because of smoking.
Jin,
ReplyDeleteIn your first response you said, "As long as governments collect taxes from cigarette (cigarettes), they have the duties (it is their duty) to protect the smoker's rights."
Very well stated. I never thought of it that way before and I must agree with you.
hykoo,
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to see that at least SOME non-smokers can appreciate the smoker's plight. Your response was well thought-out and clear. Thanks.
Hi I'm Sangho YUN,Jin.
ReplyDeleteMaybe, because majority of our class are nonsmoker, there are little responses to this topic.
This week class topic is very interesting. Most of our classmates are parents. But I have to say sorry for my absence in this weekend. I have a sudden appointment. In Korea, golf rule is so weird, I should participate in the play when I just called.
I believe my absence would give you more opportunities to have conversation.
Have nice weekend and see you next week.
Hi, It's Libero.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the late comment.
Well, so far, I've read all comments.
I understand everybody.
Here is my small opinion.
As one of non-smokers, I'd like governments from all over the world to ban smoking in all pulbic places. However, simultaneously, the governments should have to set some places for smokers.
As Hykoo73 said, adults have their own right to smoke, and they are mature enough. They know what they have to do. It's absolutely personal choice.
But... non-smokers have also right not to be affected by second-hand-smoke. They want to be away from smoke. ( me too. )
So, what I'd like to say is the governments should set some rules for both of smokers and non-smokers due to their own choice. At the same time, smokers have to know that non-smokers don't want to breathe the smoke, and smokers have to think or concern non-smokers whenever smokers are smoking near the non-smokers.
I'm not a smoker and drinker. But I'm not on the opposite side of smokers and drinkers. Just, I'd like to find the BESTEST way for all of us for peace ^^;