Monday, March 22, 2010

Homework - March 20


What are your top three tips for parenting?

4 comments:

  1. Your topic reminds me of my parenting for my children. I have one daughter and one son. They have five years age differential.
    What were my top three tips for parenting?. Raising children was my wife’s part.
    My role for my children was playing with them or driving for them on holiday.

    Before my marriage, I and my wife had a lot conversation for our children’s education. Our mutual understanding was creative thinking. We did not want to restrict our children’s future for our preconceptions. Creative thinking was my first tip as one parent. My children have not compelled to study or go to academy.
    They didn’t like singing or dancing. And not good for athletics. But they loved music, painting and reading. I think they look like their mother.
    My children had many dreams in childhood. Everyday, they had different dreams.

    Second, I wanted my children to keep healthy. I request them to have physical exercise. They started to learn TAEKWONDO. But they didn’t like fighting, even though real TAEKWONDO is not fighting. Then they move to swimming. They had three or four years training for swimming. They loved playing in the pool and got several medals from competitions.

    My third tip for my children was to be fare. It means do not hurt others and think your community. For this tip my son had bad experience in China. When he was attending Chinese school, he thought he had unfair treatment from school authority. He could not endure that circumstance and burst his anger. He got the penalty that could not ride on school bus. He commuted by bicycle after then.
    Get anger is not good. But I think that could be a way to make his own perspectives.

    I don’t know yet what their dreams are. But it is certain that they will be independent person in the near time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When any problems were not happen to my children, I think everything goes well. However something bad might happen without perceiving that was problems or not. Usually I don't think it was not so big problems when people were surprised at. Because I have some tips for my children to grow up.
    First thing is to wait and not to say them to do something, kind of study. Even though I know well, I used to say "did you have done your homework?". My daughter often told me , "Momy could you listen to my talk and I want to share with you on it". I know they'll do well without saying like a nagging.
    Secondly I want to focus on observation to our children closely. What do they read on? what do they think about? what do they want to have with? Actually time flies whether we know or not about our children's interest. When I showed my interest to my son's, he allowed me to listen his musics in his MP3 and he could say his needs kind of buying the noise free head set.
    Thirdly, I want to say not to be anxious as possible during your chilren are in puberty. That makes them unstable and unreasonable.
    Above 3 tips are that I am trying to do for my children. That's it. Does anybody to share the tips for children making a lie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer.
    Aren't you sleep? The time you posted comment was 3:34AM. Unbelivable....
    Why are you concern about childern's saying a lie? I always say cheating others is not good. But sometimes, childrens do not recognize that they are saying lies. In my opinion, a lie is good or not would be determined by the condition that they had intensions to cheat others or not. Childrens can fly in the space in their imagination. Maybe they have different thinking structures to adult's.
    If I give you my two cents, just show them what is good or not. They can manage their own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jin,

    As a teacher, it is nice to hear a parent who encourages their children to think creatively, especially in a culture that encourages collectivity. I am always trying to break down my students and teach them how to think creatively and 'outside the box'. Most of them have never done this before.

    ReplyDelete