Monday, June 28, 2010

Homework - June 26

Our topic for discussion this week is Summer Plans. What are your plans for this Summer? Anything special? Are you planning on taking a trip somewhere? Are you relaxing at home? Tell us a little about what you plan on doing.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Jeff and everyone.
    So far, there hasn't been any comment. ^.^;
    Well, here is my plan for this summer.
    I had planed to study more about my major and another language, Japanese before finishing the final exams. But, now unexpected things have happened to me. One is doing internship at a small company, and the other is doing exercise, which is badminton every day.
    So, I had to change the original plan to shifted plan. This summer, I'm going to work for the small company till 25th of August ( which is 5 days before I go back to university -_-;;; so sad... ), and do exercise for my health, like physical strength ( stamina? <- is it right? ).
    I guess I am not able to go somewhere for vacation or relaxing, because I'm working from 9am to 6pm and playing badminton from 8pm to 10pm. And every day I have to wake up around 5:30am and prepare for going to work, then leave around 6:30am. It takes about 1h 50m to get to work.
    Anyway, I should have decided this ( internship ) carefully... because I have no more time to relax... so sad...
    What I'd like to know is I'd love to feel the SUMMER VACATION through your plans ( It's like sub-satisfaction. ^.^; I'm not sure this expression is correct or wrong ).
    Please share your plans. ~

    Bestest Regards, Loves, Hugs, Cares, Cheers & Kisses
    Libero ( Se-hoon ) Will Park. [박세훈(朴世勳]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~ everyone!
    I don't finish planing my summer vacation yet. but I am longing for my summer vacation very much.
    I introduce my plan (until now).

    1.trip
    I plan two kinds of family trip, One is going to Gugae island in Namhae. Namhae is famous for clear water and delicious food. I am expecting that place. Luckily I can book a beautiful resort in seaside.
    The other is camping in outdoor. I apply for that program but I don't know the result whether I can go or not. I didn't have a camp since elementary student. I want to give good experience to my son.(But my son don't want that. He said the facilities may be inconveniet. He don't know the real pleasure in outdoor camping.) My parents are very active, when I was young Every summer vacation we went to any place which have sea, and we made a tent every time. I could remember that until night we talked and talked with my family and played all day long and grabed the small crab and took the shell. And that memory is the power of my life.

    2. Exercise
    I'll hike the mountain near my apartment everyday. It takes a hour form departure to arrival. When I hike the mountain I can have my own time. I can order my thought and enjoy talking my neighbor.
    And I am looking for swimming program I want to learn to swim more but I already have many other plan so it is difficult to look proper program.

    3. Study
    I will take a training about my major for 1 week. I will stay in other place duringm that period. From 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock I 'll take a lesson and study.
    And I'll read Arirang (korean novel) that is consisted of ten volumn. I expect that novel very much~~~

    my plan(Until now) is That's all.

    I wish My plan would come true....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This summer, I’m going to go the Uinted States with my mother to see my lovely wife & son. My wife needs to find a school to transfer to because of her student visa status, and my 16-year-od son will study SAT during the summer, so it’s difficult for them to come back home this summer. This is why I’m going to the US, and I’m very excited to meet them
    After I found out that my wife & son can’t come back to Korea this summer, I had planned a trip to the West Coast of the US with my family. My mother has never been to the US. She was also very excited to meet her grandson and daughter-in-law. She has sent an enormous amount of money to me to exchange US dollars. I think she wanted to give some allowance to her grandson and daughter-in-law.

    However, few weeks ago, my mother fell down on a stair and one of her wrist bone was broken. She got surgical operation for 3hours. Two sticks are embedded in her left wrist. She called me after her operation and asked me flying ticket would be canceled, just saying that she feel her wrist ache.

    We will departure Korea on July 15. I have to persuade my mom to go with me lying that the tickets are irrevocable and we could not have payback for the flight. But we have to reschedule our tour plans because she still get the plaster cast on her arm during the trip.

    The most important things I need to consider are making good environment for trip and having a lot chances to have conversations with family. Group tour was canceled. And we are planning city tours around Seattle. One day or two day trips are considering. Walking slowly around the Bellevue Park, eye shopping in the Pike Place are my wife’s recommendation.

    Maybe I would have the laziest vacation in the summer and would be a great chance to build up love in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Libero,

    I don't really have a vacation this Summer, so you won't be able to "live vicariously through" me (this is what you were trying to say when you said "sub-satisfcation"). Because I quit my job and will be switching to a new school, I lost my vacation. Poor me...

    Also, when you said you are exercising for your physical strength and stamina, you should say, "I am exercising to build (or improve) my physical strength and to build my stamina."

    Your summer vacation sounds worse than the rest of your year! But, I hope you enjoy your internship and it helps you in your future.

    ReplyDelete