Well, it has been a long time. I hope to get a lot of responses to our questions this week! Here it is:
"Korea applies strict penalties to drunk driving, but if a person commits a crime under the influence of alcohol (for instance rape or murder), they receive a reduced sentence. What are your thoughts on this imbalanced situation?"
I think a reduced sentence when alcohol taken person commit a crime makes us confuse. He/she may threat or kill somebody or people and be in danger their lives. How can they survive under the threatened experiences. Who can compensate them. It's sooooo terrific experiences that they have been done. Therefore I think a crimer who commited at drunken state must be treated as common people be treated.
I agree with Jennifer's opinion. When someone commits a crime under the influence of alcohol the attorney said "the crimanal commites the crime unintentionally because it was mistake...." But if he cann't control his will owing to alcohol he shouldn't drink it. It is his fault. Moreover we can't tell if he use the law that under being drunken he reseived less punishment or not. So I think we must more penalty to him.
I think a reduced sentence when alcohol taken person commit a crime makes us confuse. He/she may threat or kill somebody or people and be in danger their lives. How can they survive under the threatened experiences. Who can compensate them. It's sooooo terrific experiences that they have been done. Therefore I think a crimer who commited at drunken state must be treated as common people be treated.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jennifer's opinion. When someone commits a crime under the influence of alcohol the attorney said "the crimanal commites the crime unintentionally because it was mistake...." But if he cann't control his will owing to alcohol he shouldn't drink it. It is his fault. Moreover we can't tell if he use the law that under being drunken he reseived less punishment or not. So I think we must more penalty to him.
ReplyDeletestrict Sally~~~