What is the standard to be adult or readiness for adult? The age, knowledge, health, experience, etc.,could be the guideline.
20years ago, we didn't have pc and 30years ago, we didn't have color T.v. We adults are not familiar to pc, but for the teenagers that is a part of their life. If we think about color, we were thought only seven color, the rainbow color. But in the real life, there are millions of colors. I know there are a lot worries about teenagers. That's natural. The evolution of human being is based on inheriting ancestor's knowledge to next generation. We worry about them because we love them. As we already understand, our environment is changing. When we were in agrarian society, family and hierarchy was posted first priority. But how about these days? There are many jobs we even haven't think about 20years agg. Crossfuctional relations are more essential than hierarchial system. Teenagers already have the inherited quality of human beings. They are ready to get through adult world. Their trial and error is a course of adjustment to face a new horizen.
Very well stated Jin. I agree that teenagers now are probably more equipped (than us) to do many of the jobs that don't even exist yet, but will exist in the near future.
Others who read Jin's response: Think about when you were a teenager (around 18-19 years old), how equipped were you to enter the 'real world'? Are you now doing a job that didn't exist when you were a teenager?
reply : when I was teenager,I didn't prepare nothing special. AS many students do, I went to school early and stayed until late. *^^* But teenagers now have many various experienced than me. So It is a merit to them. I believe they will do better than me.
about jin's opinion I agree to jin's opinion. Environment and society has changed. So simple camparison is unreasonable. For example When I was teenager(Sometimes I feel I am still teenager ^^), endurance is important factor who want to succeed. And now using chance and ability to think is more important. Teenagers now are more competetive than me. I think.
Park Soon Hyuck was unable to post here, so here is his response:
"I`d like to touch this assignmemt to the two ways,that are spiritual points and economical points. In terms of spiritual points,teenagers who were two or three decades ago were more maturer/readier for the adult-world than today`s. Because the former were educated more strictly by their parents or societies. But in terms of economical points, today teenagers easier ready for the adult-world than before. Because there are a lot of job opportunities than before."
I think I just marched on the paved way in my teenager. At that time, off the road was regarded as a failure. I regret the ways I didn't go. But life is not in regrets, but in lessons. The show must go on, and I need to love myself. As you know, the fastest way to lose love is hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
I Would like to say about Jeff's advanced question based on Jin's comments. When I was 17 to 19 years old, I didn't have any PC, CD, MP3 but only radio and TV. I just had read off-line books we had at home or in the library. If I didn't have time to read, it is all. While I didn't know what world is going on, the world has so changed whether I am interested or not. Nowadays we can read and also even listen many stories via internet on PC, PDA, and MP3 etc.. It makes everyone access those who have needed to learn something eventhough they don't have their own equipments(if they are deligent and eager about getting something). Because our country has a great system in the school and the library. And then let me move to the next question, "Am I now doing a job that don't exist yet, but will exist in the near future?". If you're asking about technological advance, in that case I am not doing. I am just doing something to look out woman's present health problems.
I think teenagers today are not ready for becoming adults. Theses day they are lack of responsibility and have not indpendence. Because most parents tend to guard and interfere them much more than parents of 20 or 30yers ago.
What is the standard to be adult or readiness for adult? The age, knowledge, health, experience, etc.,could be the guideline.
ReplyDelete20years ago, we didn't have pc and 30years ago, we didn't have color T.v. We adults are not familiar to pc, but for the teenagers that is a part of their life. If we think about color, we were thought only seven color, the rainbow color. But in the real life, there are millions of colors.
I know there are a lot worries about teenagers. That's natural. The evolution of human being is based on inheriting ancestor's knowledge to next generation. We worry about them because we love them.
As we already understand, our environment is changing. When we were in agrarian society, family and hierarchy was posted first priority. But how about these days? There are many jobs we even haven't think about 20years agg. Crossfuctional relations are more essential than hierarchial system.
Teenagers already have the inherited quality of human beings. They are ready to get through adult world. Their trial and error is a course of adjustment to face a new horizen.
Very well stated Jin. I agree that teenagers now are probably more equipped (than us) to do many of the jobs that don't even exist yet, but will exist in the near future.
ReplyDeleteOthers who read Jin's response:
Think about when you were a teenager (around 18-19 years old), how equipped were you to enter the 'real world'? Are you now doing a job that didn't exist when you were a teenager?
reply : when I was teenager,I didn't prepare nothing special. AS many students do, I went to school early and stayed until late. *^^*
ReplyDeleteBut teenagers now have many various experienced than me. So It is a merit to them. I believe they will do better than me.
about jin's opinion
I agree to jin's opinion.
Environment and society has changed. So simple camparison is unreasonable. For example When I was teenager(Sometimes I feel I am still teenager ^^), endurance is important factor who want to succeed. And now using chance and ability to think is more important.
Teenagers now are more competetive than me. I think.
Park Soon Hyuck was unable to post here, so here is his response:
ReplyDelete"I`d like to touch this assignmemt to the two ways,that are spiritual points and economical points. In terms of spiritual
points,teenagers who were two or three decades ago were more maturer/readier for the adult-world than today`s.
Because the former were educated more strictly by their parents or societies. But in terms of economical points,
today teenagers easier ready for the adult-world than before. Because there are a lot of job opportunities than before."
I think I just marched on the paved way in my teenager. At that time, off the road was regarded as a failure. I regret the ways I didn't go. But life is not in regrets, but in lessons. The show must go on, and I need to love myself. As you know, the fastest way to lose love is hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
ReplyDeleteI Would like to say about Jeff's advanced question based on Jin's comments.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 17 to 19 years old, I didn't have any PC, CD, MP3 but only radio and TV. I just had read off-line books we had at home or in the library. If I didn't have time to read, it is all. While I didn't know what world is going on, the world has so changed whether I am interested or not. Nowadays we can read and also even listen many stories via internet on PC, PDA, and MP3 etc.. It makes everyone access those who have needed to learn something eventhough they don't have their own equipments(if they are deligent and eager about getting something). Because our country has a great system in the school and the library. And then let me move to the next question, "Am I now doing a job that don't exist yet, but will exist in the near future?". If you're asking about technological advance, in that case I am not doing. I am just doing something to look out woman's present health problems.
Ann
ReplyDeleteI think teenagers today are not ready for becoming adults. Theses day they are lack of responsibility and have not indpendence. Because most parents tend to guard and interfere them much more than parents of 20 or 30yers ago.